- Датум последње измене среда, 27 мај 2015 19:34
- 27 мај
- Аутор Наташа Петровић
- Погодака: 269
PUT THE VERBS IN BRACKETS INTO THE CORRECT FORM OF THE PASSIVE VOICE (present simple/perfect or past simple).
1. Nowadays English (speak) all over the world.
2. The boy (kidnap) in the park last night.
3. Last month we (invite) to Mel's party.
4. You (warn) many times.
5. The road (close) for repairs for a week.
6. Tickets (usually, sell) at the ticket office.
7. (your bike, steal) recently?
8. (these flowers, water) twice a week?
9. He (operate) on last Wednesday.
10. The workers (not promise) a pay rise yet.
Here are a few sentences to practise Present Perfect and Past Simple. Do them, send the answers to me or ask me in class!
COMPLETE THE SENTENCES WITH THE CORRECT FORMS OF THE WORDS IN BRACKETS.
1 How do you feel when you hear (surprise) news?
2 Yesterday I (hear) the news while I (have) breakfast.
3 (you, see) anything? - I (look), but I (not see) anything.
4 The movie we (see) yesterday was very (bore).
5 I don't know anybody who cooks (good) than he does. He is (good) cook I've ever met.
6 There are few pupils who understand (much) of physics than he does.
7 Who (be) with you when I (call) last night?
8 We (spend) our holidays in the mountains this year.
9 Where (she, work)? - She (work) in a bank but this week she (be) on holiday.
10 Do you feel (excite) before going on an (excite) trip?
I PUT THE VERBS INTO PRESENT SIMPLE OR PRESENT CONTINUOUS.
1. Look at these old photos. (you, remember) this holiday in France?
2. I (hate) this swimming pool. It's cold and dirty.
3. What (you, do)? - I'm writing a book about London.
4. My teacher (want) me to work harder.
5. Look! Julia (run) for the bus.
6. I (not like) detective stories. I (prefer) science fiction.
7. I can't speak now. I (make) dinner.
8. We (spend) more time in the library this term.
9. Jazz (come) from the USA.
10. Which football team (you, support)?
II PUT THE VERBS IN BRACKETS INTO PAST SIMPLE OR PAST CONTINUOUS.
1 Caroline (watch) the ten o'clock news when I (come) home.
2 Mrs Brown (read) the newspaper while her husband (cook).
3 While we (talk), someone (knock) on the door.
4 (you, listen) while I (explain) Archimedes' law?
5 What (you and Jane, talk) about when I (see) you?
6 They (give) me a cheque and I (spend) it all in one day.
7 The plane (take) off ten minutes ago.
8 Last year I (stay) in Greece for a month. While I (stay) there I (meet) Denise for the first time.
9 I (look) at your photographs while you (be) out.
10 (the maths teacher, speak) to your parents yesterday? - No, she (speak) to them last Friday.
III PUT THE WORDS IN BRACKETS INTO THE CORRECT FORM (-ed or -ing).
1. Sue is a very (charm) girl.
2. The magician performed some very (astonish) tricks.
3. Your arguments are not very (convince). I'm not (convince).
4. The conference room was so (crowd) the speaker had difficulty reaching his chair.
5. We saw some (surprise) things on our trip. For example, we were (surprise) to find that hte food was similar to what we ate at home.
IV COMPLETE THE SENTENCES WITH THE CORRECT RELATIVE PRONOUN. PUT THE PRONOUN IN THE BRACKETS IF IT CAN BE LEFT OUT.
1. She's the woman _____ phoned yesterday.
2. She is the client _____ address we have lost.
3. A friend _____ I met yesterday told me everything.
4. The series _____ we like so much hasn't been going on for too long.
5. This is the ploace _____ we camp.
V WRITE THE ADJECTIVES IN THE CORRECT FORM.
Dolphins are (small) than whales but they are probably (intelligent) creatures in the sea. (Big) dolphins can measure four metres but common dolphins are usually (little) than two metres long. Dolphins are one of (friendly) creatures to man and often follow ships. Dolphins also have a (good) system of communication than other animals. They are (easy) of all animals to train and are often (popular) animals in zoos and aquariums round the world.